Living and studying overseas is the experience of a lifetime … but we know that it can also be quite challenging to settle in a new country.
At Bond University College we make the transition easy and fun by looking after all the details and giving you the support services you need.
In no time at all, we know that the Gold Coast – and Bond University College – will feel like your home away from home.
Homestay accommodation is compulsory for students aged under 18 years studying at Bond University College on a Student Visa but we recommend this as an option for all students for at least the first four weeks of your stay to help you settle into your new life and find your way around.
You’ll live with a local family where you can practice your English every day and learn more about the Australian way of life. Our Homestay families are carefully selected for their suitability to host students and their understanding of the challenges you may encounter, as well as their proximity to the Bond University campus.
Arriving in a new country can be overwhelming for many students. To help with this transition, we offer a meet and transfer service from the Gold Coast and Brisbane Airports.
The service is available seven days a week, 24 hours a day. You will be met at the airport by a Bond University representative with a personalised welcome sign and transferred directly to your accommodation (approximately 60 minutes from Brisbane Airport and 20 minutes from Gold Coast Airport). We can also arrange a similar transfer for your departure.
Study & personal support
Bond University College offers a range of study and personal support services tailored specifically for our English language students. These services are complemented by those available to all Bond University students to provide an extensive support network. Some of our support services include:
- Bond University College Student Welfare teacher
- Bond University College Student Support Officer
- Homestay Coordinator
- Director of Studies
- International Student Support Office
- Medical Clinic
- Counselling & Disability Services
All international students are required to take out Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) and maintain it for the entire duration of their stay in Australia.
OSHC covers you for certain medical expenses if you need to go to a hospital or visit a doctor during your time here.
If you are studying at more than one educational facility or continuing on to another program after your Bond University College studies, you must ensure that your OSHC policy includes any gap between courses.
We encourage you to make the most of your time at Bond University College by joining in our active social life:
- Every Wednesday during the semester, we put on a special lunchtime barbeque for our Bond University College students;
- On Friday afternoons, we offer organised activities such as movies, sports, job clubs, conversation and visits to the multimedia centre and library;
- At various times throughout the semester, we arrange excursions to our wonderful local beaches and tourist attractions including Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary, Fleay’s Nature Park, Byron Bay, Burleigh Heads beach and the beautiful Tweed River region, as well as learn-to-surf lessons, stand-up paddle boarding, ten pin bowling and more.